Lnet Digital recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers, and other partners to do the same to help drive progress toward a circular and low-carbon economy through efficient products and solutions.
Dan Walker, Managing Director – Lnet Digital, is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Increase employee awareness and training.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office through digital tools.
- We will reduce packaging as much as possible.
- We will seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- We will reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
Energy and water
- We will seek to reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- The energy consumption, carbon footprint and efficiency of new products will be considered when purchasing, such as checking approved sustainability certification for IT products.
- We will evaluate if the new office requirement can be met in a more sustainable way.
- We will evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- We will evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- We will favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- We will reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- We will reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessity trips only.
- We will promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail and video conferencing.
- We will make additional efforts to accommodate the needs of those using public transport, walking, or cycling to work.
- We will promote and support campaigns such as National Walking Month.
- We will favour ‘green/electric’ vehicles / car clubs where applicable.
Maintenance and cleaning
Lnet Digital uses shared offices and our commitment extends to checking and ensuring:
- cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- we will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
Monitoring and improvement
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training and communications.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our management meetings.
- We will involve staff in the implementation of this policy, for greater commitment and improved performance.
- We will update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other partners – including Building Management Services – where necessary.
- We will provide staff with relevant environmental training as appropriate.
- We will work with technology partners and suppliers to promote the importance of improving environmental performance.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
Introduction Carbon Reduction:
Lnet Digital Ltd, recognises the critical importance of addressing climate change and is committed to taking meaningful steps to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Our organisation is dedicated to fostering sustainability, and we have set a clear goal to achieve Net Zero carbon emissions by the year 2050. This plan outlines our strategy and initiatives to progressively reduce our carbon footprint over time.
- Carbon Footprint Assessment:
- To effectively manage and reduce our GHG emissions, we will conduct a comprehensive carbon footprint assessment. This assessment will identify the key sources of emissions within our operations, including energy consumption, transportation, and supply chain activities. This data will serve as a baseline for setting realistic reduction targets and implementing effective mitigation strategies.
- Energy Efficiency Measures:
- a. Transition to Renewable Energy: Lnet Digital Ltd will explore opportunities to transition to renewable energy sources, such as solar or wind power, for our office operations. We will assess the feasibility and cost-effectiveness of these options to make informed decisions.
- b. Energy Conservation: Implement energy-efficient practices within our office space, such as the use of energy-efficient appliances, LED lighting, and smart thermostats.
- Sustainable Transportation:
- a. Remote Work Policies: Encourage remote work and flexible schedules to reduce the need for daily commuting, minimising our overall carbon footprint.
- b. Green Commuting: Promote the use of sustainable transportation options among employees, such as public transit, biking, or carpooling. Provide incentives to encourage eco-friendly commuting choices.
- Supply Chain Sustainability:
- a. Supplier Engagement: Collaborate with our suppliers to encourage sustainable practices, reduce waste, and minimise environmental impact throughout the supply chain.
- b. Sustainable Procurement: Prioritise the procurement of products and services from suppliers committed to environmentally responsible practices.
- Waste Reduction and Recycling:
- a. Waste Audit: Conduct a waste audit to identify opportunities for reducing waste generation within our operations.
- b. Recycling Programs: Implement comprehensive recycling programs and encourage the use of recycled materials in our office.
- Employee Engagement and Education:
- a. Training Programs: Develop training programs to educate employees about the importance of sustainability and provide practical tips for reducing their individual carbon footprint.
- b. Employee Recognition: Recognise and reward employees who actively contribute to sustainability initiatives within the company.
- Reporting and Transparency:
- Regularly communicate our progress towards carbon reduction goals to stakeholders, clients, and the public through transparent reporting. We will strive to leverage technology and collaboration platforms to engage stakeholders in our sustainability journey.
- Dock Innovation Office is BREEAM rating “Excellent”
- Dock Innovation Office uses a renewable electricity supplier
- 5 EV charge points available
- Tree planting via Ecologi
Next key targets for Lnet Digital Ltd:
By 2030 the office building will be net Zero, it is a council run Innovation Hub building. And our internal training and procedures will help us achieve this. We are also carbon offsetting.
If we do introduce a small fleet in the future it will be all electric.
Lnet Digital Ltd are committed to working towards provision of a final version with all of the required scopes in the near future to achieve Net Zero emissions by 2050.
By implementing these initiatives and continuously evaluating our progress, Lnet Digital Ltd is committed to making a significant contribution to the global effort to combat climate change, ultimately achieving Net Zero carbon emissions by 2050. Together, we can create a sustainable and environmentally responsible future for our business and the planet.
Baseline Emissions Footprint
|Baseline Year: estimate
|Additional Details relating to the Baseline Emissions calculations.
|There’s no previous baseline data, this is an estimated benchmark.
|Baseline year emissions:
|Scope 3(Included Sources)
Current Emissions Reporting
|Reporting Year: 2023
|Scope 3(Included Sources)
To continue our progress toward achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets.
We project that carbon emissions will decrease to 1 tCO2e by 2030, and the Council-run innovation hub where our office is located will need to be NetZero. Keeping us on track to be NetZero by 2050.
Data provided by normative.io